Tuesday, January 31, 2012

grocery shopping!!!

I'm excited about (and at the same time dreading) going grocery shopping for the first time since my new. . .ummm. . .diet plans.  It's still not totally correct to call it a diet.  I'm kind of counting calories and trying to keep it around 2,000 a day, but none of my calories are good still.  I'll be getting some fruit to cover the "snack" sections of the day and maybe getting some yogurt of some sort (I'm not even sure if that's good for you) and some breakfast things so that I can try to keep my breakfast calories below 700.  That would be good.

As far as meals go, I have no idea what I'm gonna do.  I mean, I've never cooked, I've never grilled. . .I can't just buy a bunch of chicken and hope that I can bring it home and make it taste good.  Plus, mentally, I'm not prepared to prepare food.  That doesn't make sense.  For the past 20 years of my life it's been like this. . .I fix myself something to eat and eat it and the whole process takes about 9 minutes.  Three sandwiches takes me an astonishing 30 seconds to make.  It's really an interesting thing.  I should video it and put it on youtube.  It would rank up there with those people that can juggle 9 balls at one time. . .the guy that can put mayonnaise on 3 slices of bread in about 10 seconds.

So wish me luck with the grocery shopping.  Since I know you can't wait to hear what I got, I'll be sure and post it on here first chance I get.

Oh, and I did the interval thing on the treadmill again tonight.  I basically did the same thing I did yesterday with the 10 mph thing 10 times then upped it to 10.5 then 11.  But tonight I noticed my heart rate only got up to about 165 the whole time I was at 10 mph.  I think that's good.  I'm not sure if that will be good in 6 months, but I remember it getting up to 180 quick when I first started this interval thing.  So hopefully my body is kind of getting the idea that I'm about to start beating the crap out of it (in 20 minute sessions).

No comments:

Post a Comment