Sunday, February 19, 2012

the life of a dieter

Interesting. . .I've been counting calories for about 3 weeks now, maybe a little more. . .I haven't felt great about any weight loss.  Of course, I've weighed twice since I started and they were both at completely random times.  I'm still not totally interested on the actual weight.  It's the feeling and health (lack of) that go with the fact that I'm overweight that I'm concerned with.  I want to feel better.  I don't want to feel like I have a big stomach.  And I don't want to have to put a shirt back on the hanger because it doesn't fit quite like it should.  So I'm not weighing very much, but trying to focus on the calories and a little exercise.

So when I did weigh, I'd lost 2 pounds and was kind of frustrated.  Because I've been counting calories like crazy and exercising waaaaaay more than I have for the past year.  That's not much, but I thought for sure I'd drop 5 pounds the first week or two.  So deep down, I was a little frustrated.  At the same time, I told myfitnesspal that I wanted to lose a pound a week, and that was exactly what I'd done.  I had no reason to be frustrated because technically I was right on track.

Well, a few days ago I actually felt better.  The whole thing with the calories and keeping it around 2000 was getting easier.  At the end of the day sometimes I had enough to eat those Oreo's I've been staring at.  And I ate them.  Very rarely do I leave a day with 500 calories to spare.  If I've got some to spare, I'm probably gonna eat something.  See, I'm sick!!

But mentally I was feeling better about it all.  Counting calories, exercising, losing weight, dealing with it all, everything was kind of getting into a rhythm.  Until yesterday.  The singer in my new band, Kid Ego brought his wife and one of their kids over for dinner Saturday night.  He made some super duper delicious chicken pasta thingy.  I ate a fairly healthy helping.  And had a Mt. Dew with it.  I don't have a clue how many calories it was but it was a lot.  Before that dinner I had about 1200 left over for the day, so I didn't go over by 2000 or anything, but I definitely went over.  But it's not a huge deal for me to go over, especially since it wasn't Oreo's, Doritos, & powdered donuts. . .It was a meal.  Real food.  So I wasn't too worried about it.

Then Sunday night comes and with no exercise, my limit is 2000 calories, which is still hard for me because again, I haven't really changed what I'm eating (a whole lot. . .I've changed some things here and there).  So at supper time, I had 1000 left and ate a 940-calorie dinner.  Then I had some Oreo's and a big ol' glass of ice cold milk.  WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! It felt really good to eat that stuff.  I promise it did.  The problem. . .over the past 2 days, I went over a total of 1000 calories, which kind of negates what I did the previous 5 days.  Funny how that works.

But I was kind of sore from my exercise during the week so I'd already decided not to exercise on the weekend.  I'm not too displeased with myself. . .I just gotta kick it back into high gear tomorrow.  It's a good thing I've got nothing to do tomorrow.  Oh wait, I've got practice from 9-2, then going floor shopping.  And I've gotta see my kids at some point.  Ahhhhh. . .the life of a dieter.

No comments:

Post a Comment